Welcome to Thirteen2Nineteen: A Literary Magazine for Black Girls and Teens, where Black girls, teens, and women share their unique experiences, the ones that happen between the ages of 13 and 19.
Submission Dates: August 1, 2022 – January 31, 2023
Please read guidelines carefully.
Black women, you can also submit a story about a time when you were between 13 and 19 years old. Please be mindful that the magazine’s target audience is Black girls & teens in this age group, their parents, other relatives, and their friends.
- Your personal essay should be your own previously unpublished story.
- Your story should be between 500 – 1,500 words.
- Your story should be double-spaced with one-inch margins in a Word doc, docx, or Google Doc.
- Email your story to: firstname.lastname@example.org or upload here.
- If your story is accepted for publication, an editor will reach out to you by email within 6 months with any suggested changes/edits. This might include: grammar, spelling, punctuation, story clarity & cohesion. If you decline to have your work edited, your story will not be published.
- If your story is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us as soon as possible.
- We pay $25 per essay and $25 for two to three poems.
- If you have any questions not covered above, please email: email@example.com
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a parent/guardian’s permission if your story is accepted for publication. Do not complete this form if you are 18 years old or older. Minors (or parent(s)/guardian(s) can access the Permission Form below.
Please print, scan (or photograph), and return the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (only AFTER you are notified that your story has been accepted). Thank you!
Click the thumbnail below to get your free literary magazine.
You must be logged in to post a comment.