Welcome to Thirteen2Nineteen: A Literary Magazine for Black Girls and Teens. Thirteen2Nineteen is where Black girls, teens, and women share their unique experiences, the ones that happen between the ages of 13 and 19.
Purchase Summer 2021 issue below.
PRINT: Thirteen2Nineteen: A Literary Magazine for Black Girls and Teens
PRINT VERSION: Summer 2021
Shipping cost covers up to two (2) magazines.
DIGITAL: Thirteen2Nineteen LitMag
DIGITAL VERSION: Summer 2021 ** PLEASE INCLUDE A VALID EMAIL ADDRESS ** ** IT COULD TAKE UP TO 3 HOURS FOR DELIVERY ** THANK YOU!
Submit Your Story
Dec 1 – 31, 2021
- NOTE: Black women, you can also submit a story about a time when you were between 13 and 19 years old. Please be mindful that the magazine’s target audience is Black girls & teens in this age group, their parents, other relatives, and their friends.
- Your personal essay should be your own previously unpublished story.
- Your story should be around 500 words.
- Your story should be double-spaced with one-inch margins in a Word doc or docx.
- Submit here: https://writesofpassagegroup.submittable.com/submit
- If your story is accepted for publication, an editor will reach out to you by email within 6 months with any suggested changes/edits. This might include: grammar, spelling, punctuation, story clarity & cohesion. If you decline to have your work edited, your story will not be published.
- Writes of Passage Group/Thirteen2Nineteen does not pay for stories at this time.
- If your story is accepted for publication elsewhere, please notify us as soon as possible, and if you have any questions not covered above, please email: email@example.com
If you are under 18 years of age, you will need a parent/guardian’s permission if your story is accepted for publication. You can find the form here:
Please print, scan (or photograph), and return the completed form to: firstname.lastname@example.org (AFTER you are notified that your story has been accepted).